Ignore these customer service no-no’s at your own peril.
- Intentionally mislead the customer.
- Tell the customer to “calm down”.
- Interrupt the customer.
- Defend yourself.
- Not acknowledge that they’re upset and frustrated.
- Get upset and frustrated yourself.
- Put the customer on “mute” and curse them out.
- Take it personally.
- Not listen attentively and let them know you’re listening.
- Not provide an action plan for resolution.
Do you have your own “no-no’s” to share? I’d love to hear them! Share by posting below.